Below I have included several blogs that I was able to use as a resource and were beneficial to me throughout my application process. I also have several other blogs listed from current and past volunteers in Guyana, as well as volunteers serving in other regions.
I personally had a hard time finding blogs for volunteers currently serving in Guyana. One of my main goals for this page is to provide you (the reader) with a variety of blogs from those serving in Guyana so that you can see what each individuals service is like. If you find any good resources, please feel free to email me. Thank you again for looking!
Peace Corps Guyana Resources
- Peace Corps Guyana – Home page for Peace Corps Guyana
- Peace Corps Guyana Welcome Book – Welcome guide for new Guyana Invitees
Peace Corps Guyana Blogs
Guy27 (2015-2017) Blogs
- Living The Dream: Peace Corps – Ally, Education
- Be Always Blooming – Liza, Health
- Explorer of All Trades – Lori, Deaf Education
- Letters From Guyana – Gabriella, Education
- Your Curious Koala – Eneka, Health
- Rides With Manatees – Missy, Health
Guy26 (2014-2016) Blogs. These blogs are from those serving in my current group.
- Intrepid Odyssey – Erika, Education
- A Life Worth Chasing – Chase, Health
- Marcella Canelo – Marcella, Health
- A Semi-Nomadic Life – Kelly, Education – transferred to Jamaica
- Keeping On In The Amazon – Mark, Health
- Welcome to the Jungle – Joe, Health
- Guyana: Land of Many Waters – Ahad, Education
- KayleePCV – Kaylee, Education
- What’s New In Guyana? – Patty, Education
- Peace Corps Ukraine & Guyana – Matt & Kathrina, Health and Education
- Whack or Blite – Holleigh, Health
- South America; It’s like America, but South – Beth, Education
- Destination Guyana – Jenni, Health
- Weekly News – Michelle, Education
Guy24 (2012-2014) Blogs, all in coastal sites.
- Life in Guyana, Just Now – Krista, Health
- Land of Many Waters -Amanda, Health
- Peace Corps Guyana – Submerged
- A Life In Progress
- Piece of Mind
- Beneath the Mosquito Net
- It’s Always Sunny In Guyana: Guy23, Married couple serving in a remote site working in Community Health and Education. This blog also includes a list of a roughly a dozen more Guy23 blogs.
Peace Corps Guyana Response Volunteers
- Peace Corps Journal 2014 – Erin is a Peace Corps Response Volunteer with a Deaf Education Assignment
Other Peace Corps Blogs in various regions
- Angela & Georgia: Angela will be departing for service to Georgia in April of 2014
- Leap of Faith – Peace Corps Benin: Jess is serving as a Development Adviser in Benin, West Africa